The Shamayim: Jewish Animal Advocacy podcast covers a range of Jewish and Vegan topics. Episodes feature weekly D’vars, a “Plant-Based Torah” series all about the intersection of Jewish values & animal advocacy, and interviews with influential voices in animal advocacy & Jewish leadership. Guests have included Kendon Alford, founder of Jewish Food Hero, and Rabbi Ed Rosenthal, founder of Tikun HaYam Jewish Marine Conservation, Jenny Goldfarb, founder of Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Vegan Deli, along with others who are doing vital work to help animals, the planet, and other people in their communities.
The goal of this podcast is to uplift the voices of those in the Jewish community who care about issues surrounding the wellbeing of animals & our planet. Know someone who would be a great guest? We’d like to hear about them! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.
Also, please share with a friend who wants to learn more about the intersections between animal advocacy and Judaism! If you’d like to support our work, a five-star rating through Apple Podcasts will help us reach even more people who resonate with our message. Happy listening!
Caring for our Workers, Animals, & our Environment: A Torah Revolution! – Shamayim: Jewish Animal Advocacy
- Caring for our Workers, Animals, & our Environment: A Torah Revolution!
- The High Holidays: A Time to Realign Our Food Choices with Jewish Values
- Mourning for the Animals on Tisha B'av- A class with Rabbi Akiva Gersh
- Plant-Based Torah – Parashat Chukat: Orders of Magnitude
- Plant-Based Torah – Parashat Korach: Sacred Responsibility
- Plant-Based Torah – Parashat Shelach Lecha: Courage or Curses
- Spiritual Activism: An Interview with Rabbi Sharon Brous
- Vegan Revolution – An Interview with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- Neo-Hasidic Approaches to Animal Welfare – An interview with Rabbi Dr. Ariel Evan Mayse
- Jewish Animal Advocacy on the World Stage – An Interview with Rabbi David Rosen, CBE